Erasmus+ project University-Industry Educational Centre in Advanced Biomedical and Medical Informatics (CeBMI) focuses on development of centre for biomedical and medical informatics. The key part of the centre is an online portal that provides:
- innovative embedded tools for easy and quick development of new curricula and update of existing curricula on biomedical and medical informatics;
- a rich virtual environment cross-fertilisation of ideas, knowledge exchange, transfer and co-creation.
The project partners will fill in the portal with teaching materials and modules prepared by them. All these materials will be available to the users of the portal, who are teachers and students of the partner universities as well as other educational institutions interested in biomedical and medical informatics. When the portal is completed, it will contain:
- the repository of educational resources that will include teaching materials and current scientific as well as research findings related to biomedical and medical informatics;
- the dissemination section containing relevant publications of partners and providing links to open-access journals related to biomedical and medical informatics;
- the news providing information on the latest developments and trends in curricula, technologies, techniques related to biomedical and medical informatics, and information on approaches, job vacancies, events, projects, and advertisements of new products of information and communication technologies for medicine and biomedicine.
- the discussion forum serving as a virtual environment for exchange and transfer of knowledge, sharing best practice, and supporting communication between persons and institutions dealing with or interested in biomedical and medical informatics.
In April 2020, the first version of the CeBMI portal was made accessible to the project partners via url http://cebmi.fri.uniza.sk/portal/. In the current version, the portal is primarily used as a repository of teaching materials that are being developed by the project partners.